ONE FOR ALL, ALL FOR ONE
OUR VISION is to establish FOSTER CARE SYSTEM IN NIGERIA and other African countries to create foster parenting and introduce Group Homes to help uplift the STANDARD OF LIVING of the DOWNTRODDEN and VULNERABLE in our society which will eradicate Poverty, create steady Employment, provide Hope for the hopeless and give birth to the following highlighted below:
• Introduction and training of Foster Parents
• Assisted Living Facilities for Senior Citizens (Elderly)
• Skills Acquisitions for Special Needs Individuals and Destitutes
• Eradication of Street Begging (e.g. ALMAJIRAI & DISABLED PERSONS)
• Embarking and implementation of Alternative Education for juvenile delinquencies
• Improve health care crises of the vulnerable especially to hard to reach communities
• Creation of Employment opportunities in the area of Agricultural empowerment and Education.
• Creation of FOSTER HOMES and FOSTER PARENTING in all the local Government areas across the COUNTRY.
• Provision of Social Amenities, Empowerment and Resources for the AGED, DISABLED and DISPLACED, (Day programs and Workshops).
• Provision of Group Homes for the physically challenged and Emergency shelters for the internally displaced persons.
• Building of Residential Treatment Group Homes to accommodate and Facilitate TREATMENT for Persons with Drug Problems ranging (6 – 17years).
• Building of Maternity Homes to house Teen Pregnant Mothers caught up in the issue of “BABY FACTORY SAGA” in order to provide them THERAPY and foster continuity in their Education.
• Building of Group Homes to House People with Mental illness and Mental Retardation as well as Medically Fragile Persons to facilitate WELLNESS and Preserve their DIGNITY.
OUR MISSION is to work with Law makers to enact an ACT, “Legislative Bill” on FOSTER CARE SYSTEM in Nigeria and Africa, to disseminate timely and useful information, to perform charitable services, and to conduct research to enhance productivity and quality of life for orphans, poor, needy, vulnerable, downtrodden, and displaced population in Nigeria and Africa.
THE GOAL of ONeNess Foundations is to establish in Nigeria, the FOSTER CARE PROGRAM, which is now a global trend, and build Foster Group Homes where children can live and feel safe. Also to train foster parents, case workers, caregivers and introduce alternative education to accommodate the millions of children not in school and facilitate continuity in education for those that dropped out of school due to circumstances beyond their control.
We value human lives and believe that Foster Care System will add desired and needed value to Family, Society, Wellness, Health, Education, Housing, and preserve human dignity.
OUR OBJECTIVES are to regulate, monitor and transform the various mothers babies centers and orphanage centers in Nigeria into a warm and smaller family oriented family environments.
• To move children from institutions to a family and community based alternatives.
• Eradicate child homelessness through foster care system.
• Build group homes to accommodate special needs individual to facilitate quality care.
• Build maternity group homes to house teen pregnant mothers to foster continuity in their education and provide therapy for mind wellness.
• Build assisted living facilities for senior citizen to dignify their lives while aging gracefully.
• Empower more women to the foster parenting scheme
Click here to read more...
International Law requires that any medication used in the residential treatment center must:
Be administered or supervised by the staff.
Be in the original container.
Be labeled with the child’s name.
If prescription medication, it must be labeled with the date and name of the physician prescribing the medication.
ONeNess Foundations Diaspora USA, Inc. staff will supervise resident on self-medication to ensure that medication is taken as recommended by the prescribing physician in terms of:
ILLNESS & INJURY
The health and well-being of each child is of primary importance to all of us. When symptoms such as fever or unusual changes in personality are noticed, we will immediately notify it to the attention of the PCP for medical checkup. If a child appears to be seriously ill, or highly infectious, we will minimize contact of the affected child to the rest of the children until cleared by the PCP. All members of our staffs are trained in First-Aid and CPR. Any injuries sustained by a child will be documented with a written form and parent/legal guardian notified if necessary. Resident will be examined by their PCP annually for complete physical and every six months for routine Dental checkups. Click here to read more...
TRANSITIONAL LIVING POLICY
ONeNess Foundations Diaspora USA, Inc. will provide encouragement and motivation for age appropriate residents to engage in skills that prepare them for transitional living.
ONeNess Foundations Diaspora USA, Inc. will ensure that adequate transportation is available to transport residents around to engage in transitional living skills. Click here to read more...
MEDICAL CARE POLICIES
All residents at ONeNess Foundations Diaspora USA, Inc. must have a medical exam by a licensed physician within 30 days prior to admission or 30 days after admission. On-going routine medical care will be provided according to the physician’s recommendations.
The Administrator will be responsible for making arrangements with a licensed physician to meet all the medical needs of all the children. The Administrator will also make all medical appointments for the residents. A member of the staff of ONeNess Foundations, Caseworker, or Facility Officer, as appropriate, may take the resident to appointments and will stay with the residents at the physician’s office. All visits to the physician’s office will be documented in the children’s file. Information must include the reason for the visit, the date, treatment provided, and any recommended follow-up. Each resident will receive annual medical examinations.
In case of an emergency, the staff is expected to take the resident to the nearest emergency room. In the event of an emergency, staff is expected to render first-aid and CPR. (All staff is required to be certified in first-aid and CPR). If the staff believes that the situation requires additional emergency attention, the staff must contact 911 immediately, then the Administrator.
Kebbi State Ministry of Women Affairs
Kano State Ministry of Women Affairs
Gombe State Ministry of Women Affairs
Sokoto State Ministry of Women Affairs
Adamawa State Ministry of Women Affairs
Zamfara State Ministry of Women Affairs
Anambra State Ministry of Women Affairs
Kogi State Ministry of Women Affairs
Enugu State Ministry of Women Affairs
Kaduna State Ministry of Women Affairs
Muhammadu Buhari Legacy Foundation
Think Nigeria First Initiative
Makarantar Al-Qur’Ani Mai Tsarki Kaduna, (Chairman, Almajirai Affairs 12 Northern States)
United States Based Dorazio Enterprises Inc. (Technology & Engineering Firm)
NIGERIAN STATE-BY-STATE EVENTS IN FOCUS
CENTER FOR DISABLED OZUBULU, EKWUSIGO, LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA
KOGI STATE COORDINATOR AND THE AGED WIDOWS EJULE IN OFU L.G